AmeriCorps is an opportunity to make a big difference in your life and in the lives of those around you. It’s a chance to apply your skills and ideals toward helping others and meeting critical needs in your community.
Each year, AmeriCorps offers 75,000 opportunities for adults of all ages and backgrounds to serve through a network of partnerships with local and national nonprofit groups. Whether your service makes a community safer, gives a child a second chance, or helps protect the environment, you’ll be getting things done through AmeriCorps!
NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS!
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must be a US Citizen, national or lawful permanent resident
- Receive a monthly living allowance of $675 in return for your service
- Upon successful completion, members receive a $2,822 education award
- Education award can be used to pay off existing student loans, current or future college tuition. (Participants have up to 7 years to use the credit after completion.)
- One year contract – October – September.
- One year = commitment to 900 hours of service. This is equivalent to approximately 20 hours a week.
Position Openings> Mentor, Homework Club Supervisor, Healthy Living Coach
For more information on AmeriCorps opportunities at the YMCA of Cass and Clay Counties, contact:
AmeriCorps Program Coordinator
701.356.1467 | email@example.com