At the YMCA of Cass and Clay Counties, strengthening community is our cause. We are a powerful ally for our community, believing that everyone, regardless of age, income or background, deserves to be healthy, confident, connected and secure. We continuously keep our community’s most pressing social issues in the foreground of our work by creating and innovating ways to push youth to pursue their potential, encourage busy mothers to lean on us for support, inspire anxious health-seekers to set mini goals in the Fitness Center, and so much more. Every day we set goals – and we help people achieve them. We help others’ find their purpose, because that’s our purpose.
At the YMCA, we make a difference by investing in our kids, our health and our community by focusing on three key areas: youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. We live by our five core values: caring, honesty, respect, responsibility and health. As an organization, we are dedicated to enhancing the spirit, mind and body of all persons through quality leadership, programs, services, and facilities. The YMCA of Cass and Clay Counties has over 30 locations in our area, and we have the presence and partnerships to not just promise, but deliver positive change.
We pride ourselves on our reach throughout Cass and Clay Counties. We collaborate with over 40 different community service agencies in the area such as Churches United for the Homeless, Eventide Nursing Home, Ronald McDonald House, and the Fargo Park District. Our facilities are used by over 50 groups including school districts, churches, park and recreational organizations, educational/study groups, service clubs, and social/arts organizations.
For over 130 years, The YMCA of Cass and Clay Counties has built strong kids, strong families and strong communities. What began as a Young Men’s Christian Association now includes men and women of all ages with a variety of ethnic and religious backgrounds. We have never forgotten our story, however, that we still remain an association which seeks to serve people and adapt with current times, cultures and needs.
Our success through the years would not be possible without dedicated staff, volunteers, contributors, members, and program participants. Check out some of our highlights below from 2016.
Highlights from 2016
- Our summer resident camp, Camp Cormorant served a record 1,250 youth with 320 of them being on scholarship.
- Our Partner of Youth Annual Campaign raised a record of $375,900, which provides youth scholarships for YMCA programs such as swim lessons, basketball, camp, child care, and more.
- We provided 35,178 meals and 1,225 snacks to local youth in June – August through the USDA Summer Food Program.
- A six million dollar Aquatic Center project was completed and opened in April on time and on budget.
- A $1.5 million campaign was started for a new Welcome Center at Camp Cormorant. $1.25 million has been raised and construction has started.
- Our child care program served 3,400 youth in 30 sites within Cass and Clay Counties.
- Over 1 million dollars in nancial assistance was provided to those participating in YMCA programs and services.
- We provided nearly 3,000 youth and adults swimming lessons.
- 1,372 staff, 100 policy making volunteers, 442 program volunteers, and 32 AmeriCorps volunteers worked together to provide quality programs and services
- Over $725,000 was re-invested into facilities and equipment.
- We provided programing to support youth including the Reach® & Rise Mentoring Program, Early Learning Readiness, and Wheels to Wellness.
- Our partner facility Family Wellness served 16,948.