Last updated on Thursday, June 18
Phase 4: Starting Monday, June 29
Starting Monday, June 29, the YMCA’s fitness facilities will continue re-opening in phases, with limited hours and accessibility, to enhance the safety of our members and staff. During Phase 4, the following spaces and amenities will be added for member use:
- Locker Rooms will re-open at both the Fercho and Schlossman YMCAs
- The Aquatic Center will re-open on a limited basis for lap swim, open swim, and Group Fitness Classes
- Member entrances and lobbies will re-open at both the Fercho and Schlossman YMCAs
- Additional facility spaces will re-open on a limited basis, including the Schlossman Basketball Gym, the Climbing Wall, the Kids’ Gym, and more.
- Player limits in the Basketball Gym & Racquetball Courts will increase to four players per hoop/court.
The Fercho and Schlossman YMCAs close during specific times so we can complete a deep sanitation of our active areas.
Both YMCA locations will be CLOSED on Saturday, July 4. Phase 4 facility hours will resume on July 5.
Locker Room Updates & Guidelines | Fercho & Schlossman YMCAs
- No towels will be available for member use. Members must bring their own towels for use in the locker rooms.
- Please be sure to stay six feet apart from other members at all times.
- Members must wipe down lockers before and after each use.
- Whirlpools and saunas are not available. For your health and safety, please do not enter these areas.
Aquatic Center Updates & Guidelines | Fercho YMCA
- No towels will be available for member use. Members must bring their own towels for use in the Aquatic Center and locker rooms.
- The Aquatic Center will be open for open swim, lap swim, and limited Group Fitness classes during Phase 4 facility hours. Stay tuned to our schedules page for a finalized schedule within the next week.
- Water Group Fitness classes are limited to a specific number of participants, so members must reserve their spot in advance online. You must create a login to sign up. Reservations are available starting six days before class until one hour before class. If the class is full, you may join the waiting list and you will be notified via email if a spot opens up. If you need to cancel a reservation, instructions may be found on our Group Fitness Phases page.
- Please be sure to stay six feet apart from other members and staff at all times, both in the pool and on the pool deck.
- Limited lap swim equipment will be available – please wipe down all equipment before and after use.
Basketball Gym Updates & Guidelines | Fercho & Schlossman YMCAs
- Half-courts are available by online reservation only during limited hours. See Phase 4 schedule below. There is a limit of four players per hoop (only one player needs to reserve). 45min. reservations are available three days prior to the desired reservation date. Players must create a login to reserve.
- Pickleball is available by reservation only at the Fercho YMCA, Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 7:00–7:45am. There is a limit of four players per court (only one player needs to reserve). Pickleball equipment will be set out along the East wall prior to play. Please wipe down equipment before and after each use.
- If a court is available for walk-up, members must still reserve online prior to entering the court for use.
- Only touch your own basketball – do not catch/throw the ball from another group.
- Equipment is available for check-out at the Member Services Desk – please wipe down all equipment before and after use.
Climbing Wall Updates & Guidelines | Schlossman YMCA
- No chalk will be available at this time.
- Outside shoes must be sanitized before climbing. Hands must be sanitized before entering the climbing wall and in between each climb.
- There is a limit of 10 people in the Climbing Wall at a time, including members and staff.
- Members are strongly encouraged to wear a face mask while climbing.
Racquetball Court Updates & Guidelines | Fercho YMCA
- Six courts will be available by reservation only. See Phase 4 schedule below. There will be a limit of four players per court. 45min. reservations will be available online three days prior to the desired reservation date. Players must create a login to reserve.
- If a court is available for walk-up, members must still reserve a spot online prior to entering the court for use.
- Equipment will be available for check-out at the Member Services Desk – please wipe down all equipment before and after use.
Group Fitness Updates and Guidelines | Fercho & Schlossman YMCAs
- Classes will be available in-person at the Fercho and Schlossman YMCAs, and virtually in our private Facebook Group!
- Each in-person class will be limited to a specific number of participants depending on space, so members will be required to reserve their spot in advance online. You will need to create a login in order to register for classes.
- Reservations are available starting six days before each class until one hour prior to class. If the class roster is full, you may put yourself on the waiting list and you will be notified prior to class via email if a spot opens up. If you need to cancel a reservation, instructions may be found on our Group Fitness Phases page.
We want to keep our members safe while they use our facilities, so our teams are following strict guidelines from the CDC and ND Department of Health. We expect our members to follow the same guidelines to help keep others safe. Please use your best judgement on when you feel it is appropriate for you to return to the facility.
- Be screened upon entering the facility, including having their temperature taken.
- Maintain a minimum of six foot distance from others.
- Wipe down equipment, cubbies, and lockers before and after each use.
- Bring your own towels for use in the Aquatic Center and locker rooms/showers. Towels will not be provided.
- Wait outside group fitness studios before the start of class until the instructor welcomes you in. While waiting, please stand six feet apart from other participants.
- Bring your own yoga mat if needed for group fitness classes. Mats will not be provided.
- Follow the Code of Conduct, age rules, and Fitness Center dress code. Members ages 15+ will be allowed in the Fitness Center and group fitness classes. Ages 12-14 may enter if they have taken Youth Exercise Concepts.
Members are strongly encouraged to:
- Wear masks while in the facility, especially upon entering the facility, moving between facility spaces, and moving between equipment. This is for the safety of other members and staff.
- Limit time in the facility to one hour.
- Wash hands before working out.
Additional steps we have taken to help keep everyone safe:
- We have provided controlled access to the facilities, allowing fitness operations to stay separate from essential personnel child care. We also limit the number of people in the facility at a time.
- We have added portable hand-washing stations, plexiglass windows, signage to encourage social distancing, and additional safety measures.
- We have moved all equipment 6+ feet apart in the Fitness Centers, and we have removed a handful of equipment to allow more space. We have also marked off areas for each participant during group fitness classes, so they can maintain a safe distance from others.
- All group fitness equipment will be disinfected/set out in each participant’s area prior to class.
- No guests are allowed in the facility, including guest/day pass users, Nationwide Membership visitors and Family Wellness visitors.
Phase 5 and Beyond
We will continue to release information as we know more about each re-opening phase. Decisions will be made based on guidelines from the CDC/state authorities, and the current state of health in our community. We will communicate these updates on this page, through email, and on signage in the facilities. Thank you for your patience during this time.
The YMCA is here to help you, your family, and our community stay active and engaged during this time, so we are continuing to provide virtual options for you as we undergo our re-opening phases. Please continue to follow along on our Stay Healthy at Home page for group fitness workouts, nutrition advice, activities for kids/families, and more!
Regular membership drafts resumed on June 1, unless you have already placed your account on hold. To learn more about our hold and cancellation policies, or to download your desired form, visit our Membership page.
When to Work Out?
If you would like to attend our facilities at a time that will be less crowded, below is a graph showing our weekday check-ins. 11am – 1:30pm and 4pm – 7pm are when there are the most people in our fitness facility.
For our members on an annual payment plan, we plan to extend your member access for the amount of time that we were closed due to COVID-19. We will add that to the end of your annual plan. We will reach out to you separately to confirm details and payment dates.
Night Owl Memberships
Since our open hours will be limited to daytime hours, Night Owl memberships will not be activated during Phase 3. Night Owl members will not be drafted until further notice.
Download our NEW mobile app!
Stay up-to-date on schedules, receive notifications on facility updates, check in to the facility and more! If you are on your mobile device, click here to download in the Google Play Store or click here to download in the Apple App Store. Otherwise, search ‘Daxko’ in the App Store/Google Play. Download the app, then search for ‘YMCA of Cass and Clay Counties’ in the location field.
It is with deep gratitude that we thank our members, program participants, child care families, donors, staff, and volunteers for your continued support of the Y during the COVID-19 crisis. We are committed to providing a safe and enjoyable experience for everyone who enters our doors, and we are grateful for your support and encouragement as we attempt to find our new normal.
If you have any questions related to our Phase 4 Re-Opening Plan or your membership account, please contact us at 701.293.9622 or email@example.com.