Last updated on Tuesday, May 19.
Phase 2: Starting Tuesday, May 26
Starting Tuesday, May 26, the YMCA’s fitness facilities will continue re-opening in phases, with limited hours and accessibility, to enhance the safety of our members and staff. During Phase 2, starting Tuesday, May 26, the Fercho Fitness Center and Group Fitness classes (on a limited basis) will be added to our offerings. Members may access the Fercho YMCA through the door on the southwest corner of the building (near the outdoor playground).
FERCHO | Phase 2 Hours (starting May 26)
|Monday||5:00am – 1:30pm||2:30pm – 8:00pm||Ages 55+ ONLY: 2:30 – 3:30pm|
|Tuesday||5:00am – 1:30pm||2:30pm – 8:00pm|
|Wednesday||5:00am – 1:30pm||2:30pm – 8:00pm||Ages 55+ ONLY: 2:30 – 3:30pm|
|Thursday||5:00am – 1:30pm||2:30pm – 8:00pm|
|Friday||5:00am – 1:30pm||2:30pm – 8:00pm|
|Saturday||6:00am – 12:00pm|
SCHLOSSMAN | Phase 2 Hours (starting May 26)
|Monday||5:00am – 1:30pm||2:30pm – 8:00pm|
|Tuesday||5:00am – 1:30pm||2:30pm – 8:00pm||Ages 55+ ONLY: 2:30 – 3:30pm|
|Wednesday||5:00am – 1:30pm||2:30pm – 8:00pm|
|Thursday||5:00am – 1:30pm||2:30pm – 8:00pm||Ages 55+ ONLY: 2:30 – 3:30pm|
|Friday||5:00am – 1:30pm||2:30pm – 8:00pm|
|Sunday||6:00am – 12:00pm|
The Fercho and Schlossman YMCAs will be closed during specific days and times in order for us to complete a deep sanitation of our active areas.
We want to keep our members safe and protected while they use our facilities, so our teams are following strict guidelines from the CDC and ND Department of Health. We expect our members to follow the same strict guidelines in an effort to keep others safe. Please use your best judgement on when you feel it is appropriate for you to return to the facility.
Guidelines | Members must:
- Be screened upon entering the facility, including having their temperature taken.
- Maintain a minimum of six foot distance from others.
- Wipe down equipment before/after each use/group fitness class. YMCA staff will put group fitness equipment away in order to avoid crowding in the Equipment Room.
- Wait outside of Studio A prior to the start of group fitness classes until the instructor opens the door to welcome you in. While waiting for class, please stand six feet apart from other participants.
- Not enter the Group Fitness Equipment Room. All equipment needed for class will be set out in each participants area prior to class.
- Bring your own yoga mat if needed for group fitness classes. Mats will not be provided.
- Follow the Y’s Code of Conduct, age rules, and dress code. Members ages 15+ will be allowed in the Fitness Center and group fitness classes. Ages 12-14 may enter if they have previously taken Youth Exercise Concepts.
Members are strongly encouraged to:
- Wear masks while in the facility, especially upon entering and moving between areas and pieces of equipment. This is for the safety of other members and staff.
- Limit time in the facility to one hour.
- Wash hands before and after working out.
Additional steps we have taken to help keep everyone safe:
- We have provided controlled access to the facilities. This will allow fitness operations to stay separate from our essential personnel child care operating in other areas of the building.
- We have added portable hand-washing stations, plexiglass windows, signage to encourage social distancing, and additional safety measures.
- We will be limiting the number of people in the facility at a time.
- We have moved cardio and strength equipment the required six or more feet apart from each other in the Fitness Centers, and we have removed a handful of equipment pieces from the Fitness Center to allow more space.
- We have marked off areas for each participant to workout during class in Studio A, so they can maintain a safe distance from others.
- All equipment needed for class will be disinfected and set out in each participant’s area prior to group fitness classes.
- No guests will be allowed in the facility during this time, including guest/day pass users, Nationwide Membership visitors and Family Wellness visitors.
‘What to Expect’ at the Schlossman YMCA:
‘What to Expect’ at the Fercho YMCA:
We are excited to re-launch in-person group fitness classes! Classes will look a little different than what you’re used to in order to protect our members and staff – but don’t worry – we’re bringing back some of your favorite formats! During Phase 2, a handful of classes will be offered in Studio A at the Fercho YMCA, outdoors in the southwest parking lot at the Schlossman YMCA, and also virtually in our NEW private Facebook Group made just for our group fitness participants!
Each in-person class will be limited to a specific number of participants depending on space, so members will be required to reserve their spot in advance online. You will need to create a login in order to register for classes. Reservations are available starting seven days before each class until one hour prior to class. If the class roster is full, you may put yourself on the waiting list and you will be notified prior to class via email if a spot opens up. If you need to cancel a reservation, instructions may be found on our Group Fitness Phases page.
Some personal training options will be available at this time. To schedule an appointment, please call 701.293.9622 or stop by either Fitness Center Desk.
Phase 3 and Beyond
We will continue to release information as more decisions are made about each re-opening phase. Decisions will be made based on guidelines from the CDC and state authorities and also the current state of health in our community. We will communicate these phases on this page, through email, and on signage in the facilities. We thank you for your patience during this time.
Staying connected matters. The YMCA is here to help you, your family, and our community stay active and engaged during this time, so we are continuing to provide virtual options for you as we undergo our re-opening phases. Please continue to follow along on our Stay Healthy at Home page for group fitness workouts, nutrition advice, activities for kids/families, and more!
Just a reminder that the May membership drafts have been cancelled. Regular membership drafts will continue starting on June 1 unless you have already placed your account on hold.
Extended Deadline to Hold, Upgrade, and Downgrade
If you wish to continue/begin a membership ‘hold’ through August 2020 at no cost OR if you wish you upgrade or downgrade your membership starting in June, we have extended the deadlines! Submissions are due May 26 if you draft on June 1, and submissions are due May 31 if your draft on June 15. Please email the Membership Hold form and/or the Membership Upgrade/Downgrade form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Download our NEW mobile app!| As our fitness facilities begin re-opening in phases, you can stay up-to-date on facility and activity area schedules, receive notifications on facility updates, search for program offerings, and more – all on the go! You can also use your phone to scan in at the Member Services Desk! If you are currently using the membership card scanning feature on the current app, we encourage you to copy and paste your barcode number directly into the new app. It will save time when checking into our facilities the next time! If you are on your mobile device, click here to download in the Google Play Store or click here to download in the Apple App Store. Otherwise, search ‘Daxko’ in the App Store/Google Play. Download the app, then search for ‘YMCA of Cass and Clay Counties’.
When to Work Out?
If you’re trying to work out when the gym is a little less busy, we suggest joining us sometime between 6am – 11am and 6pm – 8pm!
Annual Memberships | For our members on an annual payment plan, we plan to extend your member access for the amount of time that we were closed due to COVID-19. We will add that to the end of your annual plan. We will reach out to you separately to confirm details and payment dates.
Night Owl Memberships | Since our open hours will be limited to daytime hours, Night Owl memberships will not be activated during Phase 2. Night Owl members will not be drafted until further notice.
It is with deep gratitude that we thank our members, program participants, child care families, donors, staff, and volunteers for your continued support of the Y during the COVID-19 crisis. We are committed to providing a safe and enjoyable experience for everyone who enters our doors, and we are grateful for your support and encouragement as we attempt to find our new normal.
If you have any questions related to our Phase 2 Re-Opening Plan or your membership account, please contact us at 701.293.9622 or email@example.com.