Last updated on September 24, 2020
As we welcome our community back to the Y, we want to assure you that safety remains our top priority. We have been working to reopen our facilities in the safest manner possible, so you can access the services and support you miss and need the most. Taking care of our health is more important now than ever before, and the Y is here to help you and your family stay healthy, stay active, and stay safe. Can’t wait to see you at the Y!
“Yellow Zone” Changes Starting Friday, September 25
Due to the ND Department of Health and the decision to move Cass County into the “Yellow Zone,” the following changes will be implemented starting Friday, September 25.
- Locker rooms may only be used for restroom and pool use. Because of this, the saunas and whirlpools will be closed.
- Youth areas will be closed, including the Kids’ Gym, Play Loft, and Xerzones.
- Cycle classes will be cancelled.
- Group fitness classes will be limited to smaller groups.
- A handful of machines in the Fitness Center will be blocked off.
- PlayTown Short-Term Child Care and youth programs will be limited to smaller groups.
These amenities will become available again when the ND Department of Health moves Cass County back into the “Green Zone”.
Hours of Operation
|Monday – Friday||5:00am – 11:00pm|
|Saturday – Sunday||6:00am – 8:00pm|
Additional Hours Information
- Our facilities will no longer close for a deep cleaning hour. Our team is continually cleaning/sanitizing active areas and high-touch surfaces. Please help by continuing to wipe down surfaces before and after each use.
- As the weather gets colder, we know more members will want to work out indoors. To accommodate this, we have created a NEW cardio room in Studio B at the Fercho YMCA. This space will include ellipticals, stationary bikes and other cardio equipment for member use during the day.
- Seniors who feel more comfortable in a less populated workout space are welcome to join us on Mondays and Wednesdays from 2:30pm – 3:30pm in our new cardio room at the Fercho YMCA for a workout hour just for ages 55+
- All activity areas – including the Aquatic Center, Fitness Centers, Racquetball Courts, and Basketball Gyms – close 30min. before the facilities close at the end of the day.
- At this time, 24-hour Fitness Center access will remain unavailable.
- View All Schedules
- Group Fitness Classes & Reservations
- Aquatics Classes & Reservations
- PlayTown Drop-In Child Care Reservations
- Racquetball Court Reservations
- Fercho Basketball Court Reservations
- Schlossman Basketball Court Reservations
Facility Rules & Guidelines
We want to keep our members safe while they use our facilities, so our teams are following strict guidelines from the CDC and ND Department of Health. We expect our members to follow the same guidelines to help keep others safe. Please use your best judgement on when you feel it is appropriate for you to return to the facility.
- Everyone must be screened upon entering the facility, including having their temperature taken.
- Please respect social distancing, and stay six feet apart from other members and staff.
- Wipe down all equipment, cubbies, and lockers before and after each use.
- Bring your own towels for use in the Aquatic Center and locker rooms/showers. Towels are not provided. Additionally, bring your own yoga mat if needed for group fitness classes. Mats will not be provided.
- Wait outside group fitness studios before class until the instructor welcomes you in. Please stand six feet apart from other participants.
- All members must follow the Code of Conduct, age rules, and Fitness Center dress code. Members ages 15+ will be allowed in the Fitness Center and Group Fitness classes. Ages 12-14 may enter if they have previously taken Youth Exercise Concepts.
Additional Safety Measures
- We have added plexiglass partitions, social distancing markers, hand-washing stations, touchless check-ins, and more.
- All staff are required to wear masks, and members are strongly encouraged to wear masks while moving throughout our facilities.
- Our staff are continually cleaning/sanitizing activity areas and high-touch surfaces, including equipment, door handles, counters/desks, and more.
- We have separated fitness equipment and marked off individual boxes in our Group Fitness studios to follow ND Smart Restart social distancing guidelines. We have also limited group fitness class sizes and required reservations for certain activity areas to ensure you get a great workout while staying safe.
- We have limited capacities in activity areas and communal spaces to reduce contact as much as possible.
- We complete a deep sanitization of our activity areas every night, including using a Clorox 360 sanitization fogger.
Don’t feel comfortable returning to the facility? We offer tons of virtual programming options – like Group Fitness Classes, Personal Training, Health Coaching, Youth Programs, and more!
Group Fitness Classes
We have updated our technology to allow a majority of our in-person Group Fitness classes to also be offered virtually in our private Facebook Group, just for YMCA members! Join us for virtual Yoga, HIIT, Pilates, Zumba, and more!
Keep your kiddos active and learning with virtual Youth Programs, like Wacky Science, Book Club, and more!
Stay connected and reach your goals with virtual options like Personal Training, Run Coaching, NEW Health Coaching, and more!
Visit our Stay Healthy at Home web page for more at-home workouts, fitness videos, nutrition chats, kids/family activities, and more!
PlayTown, Guest Passes & More Information
PlayTown Drop-In Child Care
Starting August 31, we are excited to offer additional daytime reservations for PlayTown, our drop-in child care service! Reservations are required and time slots are correlated, to limit contact between households. Reservations open six days in advance – Learn more, view available time slots, and reserve a time on our PlayTown page.
Good news – Guest passes are back! Membership units receive three free guest passes per year. If you have already used your three passes, we are not allowing members to purchase additional passes at this time.
- For the safety of our community, day passes for non-members remain unavailable at this time.
- We are happy to welcome Family Wellness members who are using their 12 annual visits. YMCA members are welcome to use their 12 annual visits to Family Wellness as well!
- Not sure how many passes you have left? Contact our team at 701.293.9622 and we would be happy to check your account for you!
When to Work Out?
If you would like to attend our facilities at a time that will be less crowded, below is a graph showing our weekly check-ins. 10am – 12pm and 4pm – 7pm are when there are the most people in our fitness facilities.
Download our NEW mobile app!
Stay up-to-date on schedules, receive notifications on facility updates, check in to the facility and more! If you are on your mobile device, click here to download in the Google Play Store or click here to download in the Apple App Store. Otherwise, search ‘Daxko’ in the App Store/Google Play. Download the app, then search for ‘YMCA of Cass and Clay Counties’ in the location field.
If you have any questions related to facility updates, safety guidelines, or your membership account, please contact us at 701.293.9622 or firstname.lastname@example.org.