Get ready for a bright start in school with KinderKamp and Kindergarten Readiness Preschool at the YMCA! Preschool at the Y is a half-day educational experience intended to give kids ages 3-5 skills that will help them build a foundation for school readiness.
Kindergarten Readiness Preschool
Early Learning Center – Schlossman YMCA
4243 19th Ave S, Fargo
Stephanie Grow, Site Director
701.356.1444 | email@example.com
Early Learning Center – West Fargo
1042 14th Ave E, W Fargo
Ann Mueller, Site Director
701.356.0341 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Kindergarten Readiness is an educational experience intended to give children skills that will help them build a foundation for school readiness. Using the Get Set for School Curriculum your child will develop early writing, literacy, and math skills. They will learn letter, shape and color recognition. The curriculum also focuses on the use of writing tools, body awareness, language development, and socialization skills. Lunch is included. Enrollment is limited to ensure a quality, fun experience. Our session runs September through May. YMCA membership is not required.
9:00am – Noon | Monday, Wednesday & Friday OR Tuesday & Thursday
9:0am – Noon | Monday – Friday
- 8:50am: Children have a choice to explore in the learning centers and enjoy breakfast
- 9:15am: Power Up – Children with interact in engaging large group experiences including morning greeting, calendar, weather, and Get Set for School: Language & Literacy
- 9:30am: Plug In – Children will join in on small group activities to focus their energy, including creative arts and Get Set for School Readiness: Reading, Writing, Number and Counting.
- 10:30am: Energize – Children will experience large motor activities to exercise and move their bodies. During outdoor activities they will focus on participation, recreational skills and cooperative play.
- 11:00am: Read Aloud
- 11:15am: Lunch
- 11:45am: Power Up
- 12:00pm: Dismissal
Early Learning Center – Fercho YMCA
400 1st Ave S, Fargo
Sandy Franchuk, KinderKamp Coordinator
701.364.4123 | email@example.com
KinderKamp preschool is a licensed educational experience available to children ages 3 – 5 years. This quality program provides the child activities in art, music, literature and science, as well as swimming, snacks, special guests and field trips. Children receive hands-on experience as they practice their readiness, motor and social skills. Enrollment is limited to ensure a quality, fun experience. Sessions run from September through May. YMCA membership is not required.
9:00 – 11:30am | Monday, Wednesday & Friday OR Tuesday & Thursday
12:30 – 3:00pm | Monday, Wednesday & Friday OR Tuesday & Thursday
- 9:30am/1:00pm: Circle Time: Children will engage and talk about weekly themes, calendar, weather, birthdays, finger-plays, songs, letter and number activities.
- 10:30am/1:30pm: Snack Time: Water is also provided. In addition, children will experience cooking and tasting activities.
- 10:15am/1:45pm: Activity Time: Children will enjoy small group activities such as art projects, circle games, movement activities, readiness games, etc. Creative Art (MTW), Kids’ Gym (TW), Show & Tell (M,T), Swimming/Xerzone/Large Muscle Activities (TH, F)
- 11:15am/2:45pm: Story Time: Quality literature is shared through story boards, big books and picture books.
- 11:25am/2:45pm: Review Time: Children dress for dismissal, talk about their day and plan for the next day.
- 11:30am/3:00pm: Dismissal