The YMCA works hard every day to provide kids a safe, engaging space by hosting before and after school programs and care in over 30 local schools and centers, affecting nearly 2,000 kids. We provide a safe and enriching environment for kids in Kindergarten – 8th Grade to explore their areas of interest, receive home-work assistance, stay active and meet new friends before and after school hours, and on most school out days. YMCA programs also provide full-time programming during the summer months.
- Download Child Care Brochure
- Activity Photo Gallery
- Virtual Tour Photo Gallery
- 2014-15 21st Century Community Learning Site Evaluations
Hours of Operation:
- School Year: 6:30am – Morning Bell & Afternoon Bell – 6:00pm
- Summer: 6:30am – 6:00pm
Sample School Year Schedule
|2:45pm: Welcome & Check-In||4:15pm: Explore Zone: Group Enrichment Activities|
|3:00pm: Healthy Snack & Social Time||5:00pm: Physical Activities|
|3:15pm: Outdoor Play||5:30pm: Free Play & Social Time|
|3:45pm: Homework||6:00pm: Centers Close|
Sample Summer Schedule
|6:30am: Breakfast & Choice Time||1:00pm: Chill Time & Reading Club|
|9:00am: Welcome Discussion||3:00pm: Special Activity and/or Field Trip|
|9:30am: Interest Clubs, Outdoor Play & Physical Activities||5:00pm: Closing Ceremony|
|12:00pm: Lunch||6:00pm: Centers Close|
- 28 Convenient Locations- find one close to you!
- On-site supervisor is a certified teacher or has degree in related field
- Dedicated, experienced and caring leaders trained to work with school age children
- Nutritious breakfasts, lunches and snacks are provided
- Homework Club, special projects, outside play (weather permitting) and gym/physical activities
- Enrichment Activities in the areas of Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Math
- Swimming, field trips (offered occasionally)
- Free time to socialize and play with friends
- Special programs for older school age children in the summer months
- Combination of supervised group play, one-on-one time with leaders and self-directed activities
- Enrolled child care participants receive member rates on all YMCA programs (like swimming lessons, basketball, and more)!
The YMCA School Age Learning Sites offer an exciting and fun curriculum – The Y Explorer Program! The seasonal curriculum builds on traditional School Age activities with special lessons, field trips, guest speakers and more! Every few weeks there will be new themes designed to get students engaged with and exploring different topics, cultures and subjects!
When your child enrolls in a YMCA child care program, you will receive an enrollment packet to fill out. Along with the paperwork, you will need to provide a copy of your child’s immunization record, copy of your child’s birth certificate, and medical insurance information. Please contact an School Age Director to obtain an enrollment packet. To get started, fill out on of our registration forms below and email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The YMCA provides scholarships to families who are in need. Visit our Financial Assistance page for more information on how to apply.
School Age Learning Center Site Directory
- YMCA Sites – School Age Learning Centers at YMCA Facilities or YMCA Child Care Centers
- Area Elementary School Sites – School Age Learning Centers Located at Area Elementary Schools
For more information on School Age Learning, please contact Tania Erickson at 218.359.2331 or email@example.com. To contact staff at specific sites, visit the School Age Staff Directory page for contact information.