The YMCA works hard every day to provide kids a safe, engaging space by hosting before and after school programs and care in over 30 local schools and centers, affecting nearly 2,000 kids. We provide a safe and enriching environment for kids in Kindergarten – 8th Grade to explore their areas of interest, receive homework assistance, stay active and meet new friends before and after school hours, and on most school out days. YMCA programs also provide full-time programming during the summer months.
Need summer child care? We are NOW ENROLLING for Summer 2018!
For Summer Child Care enrollment information, email us at email@example.com
School Year: 6:30am – Morning Bell & Afternoon Bell – 6:00pm
Summer: 6:30am – 6:00pm
The Y’s School Age Program is more than looking after kids. It’s about nurturing development by providing a safe place to learn foundational skills and develop healthy, trusting relationships. Participants engage in physical and educational activities that encourage them to explore who they are and what they can achieve. It’s a safe place to learn, have fun, and get active.
The Y has a program designed specifically for middle school students. Youth in the program assist in planning and organizing activities, receive homework assistance, take part in service projects, learn independent living skills, have access to the Y’s activity areas and participate in field trips and outings to F-M area attractions.
School Age Learning Center Site Directory
Looking for site addresses? Need contact information for a specific School Age Learning Center, or a specific Site Coordinator? Check out the directory below! Or, view the Child Care Site Listing for the names and addresses of ALL YMCA Child Care sites, including Early Learning sites!
- 28 Convenient Locations- find one close to you!
- On-site supervisor is a certified teacher or has degree in related field
- Dedicated, experienced and caring leaders trained to work with school age children
- Nutritious breakfasts, lunches and snacks are provided
- Homework Club, special projects, outside play (weather permitting) and gym/physical activities
- Enrichment Activities in the areas of Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Math
- Swimming and field trips (offered occasionally)
- Free time to socialize and play with friends
- Special programs for older school age children in the summer months
- Combination of supervised group play and self-directed activities
- Enrolled child care participants receive member rates on all YMCA programs (like swimming lessons, basketball, and more)!
The YMCA School Age Learning Sites offer an exciting and fun curriculum – The Y Explorer Program! The seasonal curriculum builds on traditional School Age activities with special lessons, field trips, guest speakers and more! Every few weeks there will be new themes designed to get students engaged with and exploring different topics, cultures and subjects!
When your child enrolls in a YMCA child care program, you will receive an enrollment packet to fill out. Along with the paperwork, you will need to provide a copy of your child’s immunization record, copy of your child’s birth certificate, and medical insurance information. Please contact an School Age Director to obtain an enrollment packet. To get started, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The YMCA provides scholarships to families who are in need. Visit our Financial Assistance page for more information on how to apply.
For more information on School Age Learning, please contact Tania Erickson at 218.359.2331 or email@example.com. To contact staff at specific sites, please use information listed in our School Age Learning Center Site Directory above.