The YMCA works hard every day to provide kids a safe, engaging space by hosting before and after school programs and care in over 30 local schools and centers, affecting nearly 2,000 kids. We provide a safe and enriching environment for kids in Kindergarten – 5th Grade to explore their areas of interest, receive homework assistance, stay active and meet new friends before and after school hours, and on most school out days. YMCA programs also provide full-time programming during the summer months.
Hours of Operation:
- School Year: 6:30am – Morning Bell & Afternoon Bell – 6:00pm
- Summer: 6:30am – 6:00pm
- 25+ Convenient Locations- find one close to you!
- On-site supervisor is a certified teacher or has degree in related field
- Dedicated, experienced and caring leaders trained to work with school age children
- Nutritious breakfasts, lunches and snacks are provided
- Homework Club, special projects, outside play (weather permitting) and gym/physical activities
- Enrichment Activities in the areas of Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Math
- Swimming and field trips (offered occasionally)
- Free time to socialize and play with friends
- Special programs for older school age children in the summer months
- Combination of supervised group play and self-directed activities
- Enrolled child care participants receive member rates on all YMCA programs (like swimming lessons, basketball, and more)!
Our seasonal curriculum builds on traditional School Age activities with special lessons, field trips, guest speakers and more! Every few weeks there will be new themes designed to get students engaged with and exploring different topics, cultures and subjects!
When your child enrolls in a YMCA child care program, you will receive an enrollment packet to fill out. Along with the paperwork, you will need to provide a copy of your child’s immunization record, copy of your child’s birth certificate, and medical insurance information. Please contact an School Age Director to obtain an enrollment packet. To get started, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The YMCA provides scholarships to families who are in need. Visit our Financial Assistance page for more information on how to apply.
School Age Learning Center Site Directory
School Age Learning Centers at YMCA Facilities or YMCA Child Care Centers
School Age Learning Centers Located at Area Elementary Schools
For more information on School Age Learning, please contact Tania Erickson at 218.359.2331 or email@example.com. To contact staff at specific sites, please use information listed in our School Age Learning Center Site Directory above.