Reach your health and wellness goals with YMCA Personal Training Programs!
Whether you want to lose weight, improve your health, or train for an event or sport, YMCA Personal Trainers can help you achieve your goals while seeing and feeling results. With decades of training experience combined, our personal trainers can address many needs, including: weight loss, toning, nutrition, strength training, cardiovascular conditioning, circuit training, motivation, accountability, overall wellness, and more! Our personal training is truly “personal,” tailored to your individual needs, abilities, and goals.
Learn more about each of our Personal Trainers below!
I believe a workout must have a variety of exercises. This stimulates and challenges your muscles and keeps you interested. Exercise should be fun and rewarding – then it becomes a lifestyle!
• 25+ years experience: teaching/coaching physical fitness, collegiate-level athlete in Football and Track, Burggraff skating strength and conditioning specialist, trained several Division One and NHL Hockey players, and more!
• Close working relationship with spine specialist, chiropractors, physical therapist, and medical doctors.
• CEC’s in marathon training, golf injury prevention specialist, joint integrity for athletes, and speed training for athletes.
• B.S. Physical Education | Health & Coaching Minor | Minnesota State University
• A.S. Pre-Physical Education & Recreation | North Dakota State College of Science
• ISSA (International Sports Sciences Association) Certified Fitness Trainer
• Posture, Pain and Performance Workshop | Egoscue University, San Diego, CA
• Professional Member of American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM)
• Professional Member of National Strength & Conditioning Association (NSCA)
My goal is to motivate and educate you so you will enjoy exercising and make it a permanent part of your life, because your health is the most valuable thing you possess. Be prepared to do more than just gym time if you want to see results – It’s about your mindset, time management, stress, nutrition and sleep. If you want to see changes, you need to be willing to make changes!
• 15 years in the fitness industry
• Collegiate level athlete with a background in swimming, strength and conditioning, boxing, bootcamp, group fitness, figure / bodybuilding and pageant experience.
• B.S. Exercise Science | Valdosta State University, GA
• AFAA Personal Trainer Certification
• ISSA Sports Nutrition Certification
I believe that absolutely everyone can benefit from making fitness a daily part of their lives. Not only can it improve your strength, balance and flexibility, but your relationships with others, mental wellness and every other part of your life as well. I enjoy designing programs that involve specific goals you can achieve through strength training, fun cardio and flexibility exercises. I also enjoy explaining to clients how nutrition can maximize or minimize their progress.
• 15 years in the healthcare industry
• B.S. Biology, Concordia University
• NASM Certified Personal Trainer
My training style will challenge you as well as get you moving with a combination of strength, power and cardiovascular training. My goal is to create a fun and educational environment where you are constantly striving to meet your goals! Come ready to sweat, work and have fun!
• 3 years as a National Council of Strength & Fitness (NCSF) Personal Trainer
• Future Leader of Exercise Intern at the University of North Dakota
• Collegiate Athlete in Track & Field
• Professional Member of the National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA)
• B.S. in Kinesiology from the University of North Dakota
• NCSF Personal Trainer
To learn more about Personal Training at the YMCA, or to learn more about any of our trainers, contact Ryan Carlson at 701.356.1447 or firstname.lastname@example.org