Reach your health and wellness goals with YMCA Personal Training Programs!
Whether you want to lose weight, improve your health, or train for an event or sport, YMCA Personal Trainers can help you achieve your goals while seeing and feeling results. With decades of training experience combined, our personal trainers can address many needs, including: weight loss, toning, nutrition, strength training, cardiovascular conditioning, circuit training, motivation, accountability, overall wellness, and more! Our personal training is truly “personal,” tailored to your individual needs, abilities, and goals.
Learn more about each of our Personal Trainers below!
I believe a workout must have a variety of exercises. This stimulates and challenges your muscles and keeps you interested. Exercise should be fun and rewarding – then it becomes a lifestyle!
• 25+ years experience: teaching/coaching physical fitness, collegiate-level athlete in Football and Track, Burggraff skating strength and conditioning specialist, trained several Division One and NHL Hockey players, and more!
• Close working relationship with spine specialist, chiropractors, physical therapist, and medical doctors.
• CEC’s in marathon training, golf injury prevention specialist, joint integrity for athletes, and speed training for athletes.
• B.S. Physical Education | Health & Coaching Minor | Minnesota State University
• A.S. Pre-Physical Education & Recreation | North Dakota State College of Science
• ISSA (International Sports Sciences Association) Certified Fitness Trainer
• Posture, Pain and Performance Workshop | Egoscue University, San Diego, CA
• Professional Member of American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM)
• Professional Member of National Strength & Conditioning Association (NSCA)
I believe that absolutely everyone can benefit from making fitness a daily part of their lives. Not only can it improve your strength, balance and flexibility, but your relationships with others, mental wellness and every other part of your life as well. I enjoy designing programs that involve specific goals you can achieve through strength training, fun cardio and flexibility exercises. I also enjoy explaining to clients how nutrition can maximize or minimize their progress.
• 15 years in the healthcare industry
• B.S. Biology, Concordia University
• NASM Certified Personal Trainer
My training style will challenge you as well as get you moving with a combination of strength, power and cardiovascular training. My goal is to create a fun and educational environment where you are constantly striving to meet your goals! Come ready to sweat, work and have fun!
• 3 years as a National Council of Strength & Fitness (NCSF) Personal Trainer
• Future Leader of Exercise Intern at the University of North Dakota
• Collegiate Athlete in Track & Field
• Professional Member of the National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA)
• B.S. in Kinesiology from the University of North Dakota
• NCSF Personal Trainer
There’s an abundance of physical activities and fitness training regiments that can apply to different adaptations, yielding different results. My objective is to find the most effective program that will cater towards your personal goals. In addition, I strive to provide a vibrant and educational training experience during our sessions. I want to embrace more than just athletics, having our workouts embody your personality and your lifestyle. I look forward to us meeting.
• 6 years as a collegiate/post-collegiate track and field athlete – 2018 Indoor NSAA 400m Champion
• 1 year Academic Internship, focusing on fitness application, exercise technique, and program design. Assisted VCSU Professors in multiple courses.
• 2 years as a collegiate football athlete
• 1 year (ongoing) as an Assistant Track and Field Coach for Moving Forward Track & Field
• (CSCS) Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (NSCA)
• B.S. in Exercise Science from Valley City State University
• Pursuing a Masters Degree in Kinesiology at the University of Mary
• Student Member of the National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA)
To learn more about Personal Training at the YMCA, or to learn more about any of our trainers, contact Ryan Carlson at 701.356.1447 or firstname.lastname@example.org