Inspire a Future Through Mentoring
Change the life of a child in need through involvement with the Reach and Rise® Mentoring Program at the YMCA of Cass and Clay Counties! Our mentors are working every day to ensure that kids have the best chance for a bright future!
What is Reach & Rise®?
Reach and Rise® is a national YMCA program designed to provide guidance and group-based mentoring services to create safe, healthy and meaningful relationships with youth and help them reach their full potential through the support of caring adults. Reach & Rise® supports youth ages 8 to 15 who need the benefit of a positive adult role model. The program is led by mental health professionals who provide volunteer mentors with therapeutic mentoring training that ensures preparedness and ongoing support for youth and their families. Our Group Mentoring Program matches a group of six youth with two mentors for either 8 or 16 weeks. Our volunteer mentors will help enhance self-esteem, confidence, sense of belonging, decision-making skills, school performance and relationships. Reach & Rise® is offered at no cost to mentees and their families. Click here to learn more about ‘what to expect’ as a mentee/family.
Volunteer Mentor Requirements
- Minimum Mentor Age: 21
- Age of Mentees: 8 -15
- Time Commitment: 2 hours/week for 8 or 16 weeks (structured)
- Ratio: Two mentors, six mentees
- Must complete Therapeutic Training (provided by the YMCA)
- Must pass a background check
- Must check in weekly with Program Director
Don’t have time to volunteer but still want to make a difference? Here are a few other ways to get involved!
- Like and share with us on Facebook and Twitter!
- Sponsor a group activity! Mentors often pay for activities with their mentee out of their own pockets so any donations are welcomed. Contact Valerie Fechner at email@example.com or 701.364.4135.
- Share this opportunity with other prospective mentors and mentees who might benefit from involvement with the program!