ABOUT YMCA SWIM SCHOOL
Swimming Lessons at the YMCA equip swimmers of all skill levels with the tools they need to be confident in and around water so they don’t lose out on the health benefits of exercise, the opportunities to bond with family and friends and the sense of accomplishment that comes from learning new skills. Our philosophy is that each swimmer progresses at their own pace. Through positive reinforcement, practice and patience, students learn water-safe swimming skills while having fun. Our lessons develop aquatic readiness, develop safe water habits, engage in underwater exploration, and teach children important water safety skills.
The YMCA provides swimming lessons to swimmers of all ages and skill levels. We also offer private lessons, semi-private lessons, and many kinds of adaptive swim programs for swimmers with special needs, so we can all safely enjoy the pleasures of an aquatic environment. We offer small class sizes, year round lessons, warm water lessons for younger children, certified swim instructors, and more.
Jump in at any time! You can register for lessons even after a session has started. Prices will be pro-rated for classes that have already passed.
Make-Up Lessons: Due to the size and format of the classes, there will be no make-ups for missed classes.
Lesson Placement and Level Assessments: Level placement is based on skill level, not age. To determine what level your child should be in, view either the Lesson Level Flowchart or the Red Cross (and Old Y levels) to YMCA Level Equivalents. Or join us for Swim Level Assessments, every Saturday in the Small Pool from 12-12:30pm. One of our senior swim instructors will cover skills, test endurance and answer any questions you might have. Assessments are FREE and open to the community – no need to pay for a day pass.
Swim School Schedules and Sessions: Lessons are offered Monday – Thursday, and Saturday during Fall, Winter, and Spring sessions, and Monday – Thursday during Summer session. YMCA Swim School Classes are held once a week for 30 minutes. Families that wish to swim more than once a week are encouraged to do so by signing up for additional lesson days.
Spring Session: March 19 – May 19 (no class March 31, session will be pro-rated)
|Fercho YMCA||Member: $56||Member Private: $224|
|Ages 6 months+||Non-Member: $112||Non-Member Private: $448|
Summer Session: June 4 – August 18 (no July 4-5, session will be pro-rated)
|Fercho YMCA||Member: $77||Member Private: $308|
|Ages 6 months+||Non-Member: $154||Non-Member Private: $616|
Half-Priced Private Lessons
Do your kids need a little extra attention in the pool? Private lessons are a great way to build confidence and skills. Sign up for any of the time slots in any level – register for as many lessons as you’d like! Members: $14/lesson, Non-Members: $28/lesson.
|May 14 – 17||May 21 – 24|
Summer Swim Camps
Two week sessions – Mon-Thurs. Camp is only available those times/days listed as ‘camp’. Participants will be in the same level, the same time each day for two weeks in the session of choice. Members: $56, Non-Members: $112.
|#1: June 4 – 14||#2: June 18 – 28||#3: July 9 – 19||#4: July 23 – Aug 2||#5: Aug 6 – 16|
YMCA Swim School Advantages and Structure
• Skill Patch Rewards: As each child progresses at their own pace, they will be recognized for their accomplishments with patches from the level they’ve completed.
• Warm Water Small Pool Option: Levels Parent/Baby through Starfish are located in the smaller, warm water pool. The 88º pool keeps children comfortable and staying in the water. Levels Froggie through Shark are located in our large pool. Private and Adaptive lessons vary from small to large pool, depending on the participant and pool availability.
• Small Class Sizes: Classes are held as a group and structured by age and ability to accommodate varying skill levels within each age group. Student to teacher ratios are a very small 4:1 with Parent/Baby and Parent/Child classes 6:1.
• Certified Swim Lesson Instructors:The swim teachers are highly trained in safety, class management and keeping children engaged with enthusiasm, imagination and fun! All teachers are also CPR and First Aid certified.
• Year-Round Swimming: Consistency and practice are key to fine-tuning or retaining any skill on a more permanent basis. With our indoor pools, children can swim year-round and consistently build upon and progress in their skills.
• Safety Day: Included once per session with all independent lessons, Safety Day teaches participants the ‘Throw Don’t Go’ method, life jacket usage, and for older participants, swimming fully clothed to gain an awareness of the level of difficulty.
For more information about YMCA Swim School, contact Heather Sauer at 701.364.4167 or email@example.com