YMCA Swim School takes a safety-first approach, focusing on small class sizes, boosting confidence in the water, building student/instructor relationships, and allowing each student to progress at their own pace. Our lessons develop aquatic readiness, develop safe water habits, engage in underwater exploration, and teach children important water safety skills. We offer warm water options, year-round lessons, certified instructors, private and adaptive options, and more!
The YMCA provides swimming lessons to swimmers of all ages and skill levels. We also offer private lessons, semi-private lessons, and many kinds of adaptive swim programs for swimmers with special needs, so we can all safely enjoy the pleasures of an aquatic environment.
Swim School Schedules and Sessions:
Lessons are offered Monday – Thursday, and Saturday during Fall, Winter, and Spring sessions, and Monday – Thursday during Summer session. YMCA Swim School classes are held once a week for 30 minutes.
|Fercho YMCA||Ages 6 months – Adult||All levels of experience welcome!|
|June 1 – August 13||Member: $82.50||Non-Member: $165||Member Private: $330||Non-Member Private: $660|
Half-Priced Private Lessons
Do your kids need a little extra attention in the pool? Private lessons are a great way to build confidence and skills! Register for as many lesson time slots as you’d like – All levels of skill and experience welcome!
|May 18, 19, 20, or 21||4:30, 5:00, 5:30, 6:00, and 6:30pm|
|August 17, 18, 19, or 20||4:30, 5:00, 5:30, 6:00, and 6:30pm|
|Fercho YMCA||Ages 6 months – Adult||Member: $15/lesson||Non-Member: $30/lesson|
Summer Swim Camps
Learn to swim in a fun, camp-like atmosphere! Participants will swim in the same level and at the same time each day for two weeks in the session of choice. All ages/levels welcome!
|Fercho YMCA||Member: $60||Non-Member: $120||Member Private: $240||Non-Member Private: $480|
|June 8 – 18||June 22 – July 2||July 13 – 23||July 27 – August 6||August 10 – 20|
BARNESVILLE – BLUE EAGLE LAKE
Learn to swim in the great outdoors! YMCA Swim School offers outdoor swimming lessons at Blue Eagle Lake in Barnesville, MN. Lessons will be in a one-week camp format, with participants swimming Monday through Friday for 30min. each day.
|Barnesville – Blue Eagle Lake||July 6 – 10||Ages 3 years +||Members and Non-Members: $59|
Available Times & Levels
|10:00am | Otter, Seal, Shark||10:30am | Starfish, Froggie, Turtle|
|11:00am | Guppy, Turtle, Otter||11:30am | Guppy, Starfish, Froggie|
More Information About YMCA Swim School
Jump in at any time! You can register for lessons even after a session has started. Prices will be pro-rated for classes that have already passed.
Make-Up Lessons: Due to the size and format of the classes, there will be no make-ups for missed classes.
Lesson Placement and Level Assessments: Level placement is based on skill level, not age. To determine what level your child should be in, view either the Lesson Level Flowchart or the Red Cross (and Old Y levels) to YMCA Level Equivalents. Or join us for Swim Level Assessments, every Saturday in the Small Pool from 12:00-12:30pm. A swim instructors will cover skills, test endurance and answer any questions you might have. Assessments are FREE and open to the community – no need to pay for a day pass. Saturday doesn’t work for you? Reach out to our Swimming Lesson Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or 701.364.4168 and we’ll figure out a time that fits in your schedule.
YMCA Swim School Advantages and Structure
• Skill Patch Rewards: As each child progresses at their own pace, they will be recognized for their accomplishments with patches from the level they’ve completed.
• Warm Water Small Pool Option: Levels Parent/Baby through Starfish are located in the smaller, warm water pool. The 88º pool keeps children comfortable and staying in the water. Levels Froggie through Shark are located in our large pool. Private and Adaptive lessons vary from small to large pool, depending on the participant and pool availability.
• Small Class Sizes: Classes are held as a group and structured by age and ability to accommodate varying skill levels within each age group. Student to teacher ratios are a very small 4:1 with Parent/Baby and Parent/Child classes 6:1.
• Certified Swim Lesson Instructors: The swim teachers are highly trained in safety, class management and keeping children engaged with enthusiasm, imagination and fun! All teachers are also CPR and First Aid certified.
• Year-Round Swimming: Consistency and practice are key to fine-tuning or retaining any skill on a more permanent basis. With our indoor pools, children can swim year-round and consistently build upon and progress in their skills.
• Safety Day: Included once per session with all independent lessons, Safety Day teaches participants the ‘Throw Don’t Go’ method, life jacket usage, and for older participants, swimming fully clothed to gain an awareness of the level of difficulty.
For more information about YMCA Swim School, contact Heather Sauer at 701.364.4167 or email@example.com