AmeriCorps is an opportunity to make a big difference in your life and in the lives of those around you. It’s a chance to apply your skills and ideals toward helping others and meeting critical needs in your community. Each year, AmeriCorps offers 75,000 opportunities for adults of all ages and backgrounds to serve through a network of partnerships with local and national nonprofit groups. Whether your service makes a community safer, gives a child a second chance, or helps protect the environment, you’ll be getting things done through AmeriCorps!
• Must be 17 years or older and working towards or have a high school diploma
• Must be a US Citizen, national or lawful permanent resident
• Receive a monthly living allowance in return for your service
• One year contract – September 2016 – August 2017.
• Upon successful completion, members receive an education award up to $2,887
Education award can be used to pay off existing student loans, current or future college tuition. Participants have up to 7 years to use the credit after completion.
|• 900 Hours (avg 24h/week)
• 675 Hours (avg 18h/week)
• 450 Hours (avg 12h/week)
|$675 monthly stipend
$506 monthly stipend
$337 monthly stipend
|$2,887 education award
$2,200 education award
$1,527 education award
• Mentor, Homework Club Coach, Garden Coach, Wheels to Wellness, School Age Coach or Xerzone Coach!
NEW! AmeriCorps members ages 55 and older may donate their earned education award to their children or grandchildren. This allows older adults to complete meaningful service and help others while also helping their family pay for their education.
For more information or to volunteer, contact:
Amanda Nordick, AmeriCorps Coordinator
701.356.1467 | email@example.com