Inspire a Future Through Mentoring
Our Y is pleased to offer a One-on-One Reach & Rise® Mentoring Program! The program matches a caring adult mentor with a youth in need for one life-changing year!
Why does the Y focus on mentoring? Kids who have a mentor are…
- 55% more likely to enroll in college
- 78% more likely to volunteer regularly
- 90% more interested in becoming a mentor themselves
- 130% more likely to hold leadership positions
Nine million kids in the United States do not have a trusted adult in their lives. Help close the mentoring gap and make the future brighter for a child in need!
- Must be at least 21 years old
- Mentor training (provided)
- Background Check
- Meet with youth 1-3 hours each week (flexible – scheduled by mentor, youth and youth’s family)
- Make a 1 year commitment to the program
Who does the Program Serve?
6-17 year olds who lack role models and are challenged by poverty, single-parent households, and other social issues and who could benefit from a meaningful mentoring from a caring, compassionate adult. Youth will participate in projects, field trips and other engaging activities.
For more information or to submit an application, contact:
Sarah Benson, Reach & Rise® Program Director
Phone 701.364.4125 | Fax 701.232.9545
400 1st Ave S Fargo, ND 58103 | firstname.lastname@example.org