Ages 15 & up
The American Red Cross introduces the new blended learning offering of the Lifeguarding program which combines online knowledge acquisition and in-person water, first aid and CPR/AED skills training. Building on the same knowledge and skills as our traditional in-person only training, the course trains lifeguards to act with speed and confidence in emergency situations both in and out of the water. Topics include: water rescue skills, surveillance and recognition, first aid, breathing and cardiac emergencies, CPR, AED and more. The program reflects the latest CPR and Emergency Cardiovascular Care (ECC) science and findings from the 2011 United States Lifeguard Standards Coalition Report. Plus, the online format enables participants to complete interactive lessons and activities on their own time. Instructor- led sessions reinforce learning and emphasize skill building.
Benefits of the new program include:
• Comprehensive training that is equivalent to the traditional in-person course
• Two-year certification that includes Lifeguarding, First Aid, CPR and AED
• Free digital skills refreshers
• Consistent delivery of curriculum to all participants
• Core concepts focus reinforced by instructor and skills practice
• Final Lifeguarding written exam and in-water skills testing completed at facility
• First Aid/CPR/AED written exam completed online
Cost: $180 for Members, $215 for Nonmembers
(staff get a 20% off discount)
UPCOMING CLASS DATES:
Check back later for Winter/Spring class dates!
Sessions run Friday 6pm-10pm, Saturday 8am-8pm & Sunday 8am-8pm
Registration: Call 701.293.9622 or register in person at the YMCA. All classes are held at the Fercho YMCA.
Attendance at all class times listed is mandatory. No exceptions will be made.
Questions? Contact Nicole Duncomb at 701.364.4126 or firstname.lastname@example.org